Ghirardelli Plant Based Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Full fat canned coconut milk, or plant-based milk of choice*
- 1/4 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 10 oz (2 cups) Ghirardelli 52% Cacao Non Dairy Chocolate Chips
- *If using an alternative plant-based milk, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil for optimal texture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, plant- based milk and applesauce until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate. Once dough forms, mix in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop heaping tablespoon sized mounds of cookie dough onto baking sheet, leaving 2" inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Write Your Own Review