Ghirardelli Plant Based Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Full fat canned coconut milk, or plant-based milk of choice*
- 1/4 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 10 oz (2 cups) Ghirardelli 52% Cacao Non Dairy Chocolate Chips
- *If using an alternative plant-based milk, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil for optimal texture.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, plant- based milk and applesauce until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate. Once dough forms, mix in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Scoop heaping tablespoon sized mounds of cookie dough onto baking sheet, leaving 2" inches between each cookie.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
Cool plant-based cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.