Hot Sipping Chocolate with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Stick cinnamon
- CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM: In a chilled medium bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
- Beat with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- HOT SIPPING CHOCOLATE: In a 3-quart heavy saucepan, combine half-and-half, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa, and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until just boiling and mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately in demitasse cups or shot glasses with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and stick cinnamon.
Write Your Own Review