Classic Chocolate Brownies
Ghirardelli Premium All-in-One Baking Kit
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, unsalted, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Brown sugar, dark or light, packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs, large
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Chop the 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate bars into 1-inch pieces.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 4 chopped chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir the brown sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs and mix well. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool chocolate brownies for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch squares.
Ghirardelli Chocolate In This Recipe
Write Your Own Review