Hot Sipping Chocolate with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Stick cinnamon
CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM: In a chilled medium bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
Beat with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Keep chilled until ready to serve.
HOT SIPPING CHOCOLATE: In a 3-quart heavy saucepan, combine half-and-half, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa, and sugar.
Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until just boiling and mixture is smooth.
Serve immediately in demitasse cups or shot glasses with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and stick cinnamon.