White Chocolate Caramel S'mores Brownies
- 14 Graham crackers (8 oz)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, unsalted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted, cubed
- 6 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 Eggs, large, at room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk, large, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel SQUARES
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, combine graham crackers and salt in a food processor and pulse together to form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and vanilla and pulse until completely incorporated. Firmly press mixture tightly and evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 15 to 17 minutes, until deeply golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the brownie layer, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl. Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gradually melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and whisk in sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter over cooled graham cracker crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake brownies for 30 to 32 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, transfer pan to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes. Use parchment to carefully lift brownies from the pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Top brownies with marshmallows and place baking sheet under the broiler, toasting the marshmallows until golden. Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before topping with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel SQUARES. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Write Your Own Review