Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake
Servings: 1 Cake
- 3 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for pan
- 8 large eggs, cold
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Arrange rack in center of oven.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips over double boiler until smooth; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, with a hand mixer or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip eggs and salt on medium speed until doubled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold, in thirds, whipped eggs into melted chocolate. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and place pan in water bath.
- Bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, about 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from water bath to a cooling rack and cool cake completely in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To remove cake, dip the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan in warm water and run a thin metal spatula around the inside of the pan.
- Invert onto a plate to unmold, remove parchment paper. To prepare ganache, bring heavy cream to a simmer and pour over milk chocolate chips.
- Stir gently until smooth; cool slightly.
- Pour ganache over top of cake and spread with an offset spatula to evenly cover. (There will be some ganache leftover.)
- Chill cake until ganache sets, about 30 minutes.
- To garnish, grate white chocolate bar on top of cake.
Write Your Own Review