No Bake Chocolate Chews
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Line two extra-large baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter, half-and-half, and corn syrup to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, vanilla, and, if desired, almond extract. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in oats, coconut, and almonds.
- Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour or until set.
- Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Write Your Own Review