Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Waffles
Servings: 6-8 large waffles
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs, large
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Bittersweet 60% Cacao Baking Chips, or Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, or Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Extra Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, and milk, whisk until just combined. Fold in Ghirardelli chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Lightly grease waffle iron and ladle 1 cup of batter onto the center of the waffle iron.
- Close the top and cook until the waffle is crispy on both sides. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cooking time, should take approximately 6-8 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
Write Your Own Review