Chocolate Ginger Tarts
Servings: 24 tarts
- 1-1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1-1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces (1 1⁄2 cups) Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, thinly sliced or coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 24-cup mini muffin tin. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, sugar, and salt; stir to combine. Add butter and mix until moistened. Place 1 tablespoon in each cup of muffin tin and pat crumb mixture down to form even tart bases. Bake 5 minutes and remove from pan to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. Turn off heat; add Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and ground ginger and cover. Let stand 4 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Return tart shells to pan. Pour mixture into prepared shells and refrigerate for two hours until set.
- Carefully remove tarts from pan and garnish with candied ginger before serving.
Write Your Own Review