3 Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (8oz) Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Extra Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips or 2 Ghirardelli 70% Cacao Extra Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bars
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) Butter
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease the sides of an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper circle.
- In a mixer, whip eggs on high speed until doubled in volume, about 5 min.
- In a medium bowl, set over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Fold one-third of whipped eggs into chocolate mixture until only a few streaks of egg are visible.
- Fold in remaining eggs in two parts until mixture homogenizes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and smooth surface.
- Bake in hot water bath until cake has slightly risen, edges are just beginning to set and center temperature registers 140°F (approximately 15-20 mins).
- Cool and refrigerate overnight. When removing cake from pan: place the pan in a bath of warm water until cake releases from the side then remove from pan.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar to decorate.
Write Your Own Review