Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Snack Mix
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Peppermint Bark SQUARES Gift Bag (80 pc)
- 15oz Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares, divided
- 6 cups of Chex Rice Cereal
- 1 ½ cup powder sugar
- Chop 5 oz of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares about 12 squares. Set aside.
- Place 10 oz of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares (about 24 squares) into a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir thoroughly. If not completely melted, heat in 30 second intervals and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour cereal into bowl of melted chocolate, then gently stir until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large zipped-top bag. Add the chocolate covered cereal. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar. Discard excess powder.
- Spread on parchment paper or waxed paper lined sheet pan. Let sit until cool and chocolate is set.
- Add chopped Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares to the coated cereal pieces and mix until distributed.
- Mix in some mints, pretzel, nuts, candy or any other dried snack of your liking.
- For additional visual contrast, separate 1 cup of the chocolate covered cereal before tossing in the powdered sugar. Spread evenly onto a parchment paper or waxed paper lined sheet pan. Let sit until cool and chocolate is set, then mix back into the batch rest of the batch.
Write Your Own Review