Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle
This product is currently not available.
|10 oz||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips|
|6 tablespoons||Butter, plus more for coating dish|
|6 tablespoons||Granulated sugar, plus more for coating dish|
|6||Eggs, separated, at room temperature|
|1/2 teaspoon||Cream of tartar|
|1/4 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 tablespoon||Orange liquor, optional|
|Powdered sugar, optional|
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously coat eight 1- cup ramekins with butter, then coat bottom and sides of dishes with granulated sugar, tapping out the excess.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter, heating in 30 second increments and stirring in between until completely melted. Whisk in egg yolks, salt, vanilla extract, and orange liquor if using, until combined.
- In an electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tarter on high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer still running, add sugar one tablespoon at a time, beat until egg whites hold stiff peaks and appear glossy.
- Whisk a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixer to lighten batter. Fold in remaining egg whites in 2 additions. Divide batter amongst ramekins, filling each almost to the rim. Using a wet paper towel, wipe excess batter from rim.
- Bake until soufflés are puffed and center moves only slightly when dish is shaken gently, about 11-13 minutes. Dust top with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- To make chocolate souffles ahead of time, freeze filled ramekins until you are ready to bake. Preheat oven to 400F and bake souffles for 17-18 minutes.
You may also like ...
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and real vanilla extract - perfect for any baking or snacking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
We also love these...