Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Tree Cookies
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups / 10oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
- 1 cups Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark (SQUARES or Baking bar) crushed into small bits
- Christmas Tree shaped cookie cutter
- Chopstick for making a hole
- Rolling pin
- Food processor or large mixing bowl
- Baking trays
- Ribbon for tying the biscuits on the tree (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a food processor, blitz all the cookie ingredients together until big lumps start to form and then bring together with your hands into a large ball. (If you don't have a food processor you can do this by rubbing the flour and butter together with your fingertips, add the rest of ingredients and bring it all together with your hands).
- Wrap ball in cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once chilled and firm, lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin, cut dough in half and place the other half back in the fridge while you roll out the first batch.
- Roll out dough until about ½ cm thick, cut out with Christmas shapes.
- If you want to hang the cookies on the tree make sure to poke a hole in the top, using a chopstick.
- Place cookies carefully on a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the trays for 2 minutes then transfer them onto a wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate baking chips and coat the cooled cookies on one side.
- While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle with the crushed Peppermint Bark and sparkles.
- Leave to set somewhere cool, and then tie a ribbon or piece of string through each cookie and hang on your Christmas Tree.
Write Your Own Review