Ghirardelli Grand Chocolate Chip Banana Loaves
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (about 12 3/4 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium bananas)
- 1 (11-oz) pkg Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese and butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar, and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating on low speed just until blended. Stir in mashed banana and 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) of the Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips. Divide batter evenly among 5 (3- x 5-inch) mini loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Top batter with remaining 1/2 cup (3 ounces) chocolate chips (about 14 or 15 chips per pan).
- Bake in preheated oven until deep golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 44 minutes. If necessary, cover loaves with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely, about 1 hour.
Write Your Own Review