Frosted Peppermint Mini Bites
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup Warm water
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure peppermint extract
- Peppermint candies coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound Confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- BITES: Line mini-muffin tins with mini-paper liners.
- Mix all ingredients to create a chocolate batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool in tins on wire racks.
- FROSTING: Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium. Add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, and beat until buttercream is smooth.
- Frost each mini bite with buttercream frosting and garnish with peppermint candy.
Write Your Own Review