Easter Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 bag (10 oz) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 tablespoons Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Boiling water
- 3/4 cup Butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
- Pinch Salt
- CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for one minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the liquids; beat until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups so that each is two thirds full. Bake rotating halfway until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt chocolate in a double boiler; stir occasionally until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cocoa and boiling water. Let both the chocolate and the cocoa mixture cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate on low speed, and then beat in the cocoa mixture.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Let frosting set for five minutes.
- Decorate the cupcakes by placing a Ghirardelli Chocolate Square on top of the frosting.
Write Your Own Review