Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 2 cups Pecans
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 cups Dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cups Golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Frozen pie crust
- 20 Whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Let them cool and then chop coarsely (if desired).
- Using a double boiler, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and the butter together. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, golden or corn syrup, vanilla, and salt until blended. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and the pecans until evenly distributed.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie shell and arrange the whole pecans on top. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 50 minutes, or until the filling has just set (it should still be a little wobbly when gently shaken). If the edges are browning too quickly while baking, wrap foil around the crust.
- Let the pie cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour before serving.
Write Your Own Review