Chocolate Cupcake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Square
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 10oz Bag Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/8 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated white sugar
- 5/8 cup Whole milk
- 1/3 cup Strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 12 Ghirardelli Caramel Squares
- 4 oz Soft butter
- 4 oz Soft cream cheese
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- CUPCAKES: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, coffee, and melted butter.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spatula or knife, remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- FROSTING: Mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and caramel sauce until thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at a low speed until well combined.
- After cupcakes are cool, spread frosting on top of cupcakes. Drizzle more Caramel Sauce and place Ghirardelli Caramel Squares on top.
Write Your Own Review