Chocolate-Coconut-Almond Candy Bites
Servings: 15 servings
- 1 12-ounce package of Dark Melting Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted* sliced almonds
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Place 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli® Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps it original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn. Pour melted wafers onto parchment paper and spread into an 8x11-inch rectangle about 1/8-inch thick. Let stand for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in coconut and toasted sliced almonds.
- Spread coconut mixture evenly over the hardened bottom.
- Place remaining Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly. If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn.
- Drizzle melted wafers over coconut mixture. If desired, sprinkle with toasted* coconut and/or toasted* sliced almonds Let stand for at least 30 minutes or until firm. When candy is firm, use foil to lift it out of the pan. Cut candy into bite-size squares.
- To store, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- * To toast almonds or coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds or coconut in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking once or twice.
Write Your Own Review