Bittersweet Chocolate-Coated Truffles
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 tablespoon butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liqueur
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil (or almond or walnut oil)
- TRUFFLES: In double boiler, melt 4 ounces broken chocolate, stirring constantly. (Or microwave 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on medium.) Remove chocolate from heat; blend in butter.
- Stir in cream, then liqueur. Combine with chopped nuts or candied fruit if desired.
- Chill 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick enough to hold a shape. Drop by heaping teaspoon or onto foil-lined baking pan.
- Shape round, if desired.
- Cover and freeze 20 to 30 minutes to set truffles until firm for dipping with chocolate.
- For a variety of truffles, repeat the recipes using liqueurs such as Grand Marnier, amaretto, Kahlua, or creme de menthe.
- CHOCOLATE COATING: Melt 4 ounces of chocolate as directed in basic truffle recipe.
- Remove from heat, and stir in oil.
- Cool chocolate to 85 to 90º F. for dipping.
- Dip cold, firm truffle into melted chocolate, holding with a fork and covering with several coats of chocolate.
- Place each onto foil-lined baking pan. Decorate top with nuts, candied fruit, etc.
- Chill at least 2 hours to set chocolate. Roll in Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate and Cocoa if desired.
- Place into tight container and store in cool, dry place to age for several days. Coats 12 truffles.
Write Your Own Review