Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 dozen cookies
1 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unsifted flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3/4 cup dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire cooling racks. Store tightly covered.