At Ghirardelli, we value your privacy. To make our advertising efforts more relevant and useful for you, we sometimes utilize 3rd party companies to target ads that reflect your interests, based on past browsing behavior. For more information or if you'd like to opt out of Ghirardelli interest-based advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative.
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company ("Ghirardelli") maintains this site for your personal entertainment, information, online shopping and communication.
Please feel free to browse and enjoy the site. Before doing so, please read the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"), as your use of the site is subject to them as well as all applicable laws or regulations. This site contains many of the valuable trademarks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights, and other proprietary materials owned and registered by Ghirardelli, and used all across the world.
By accessing and browsing the site, you accept the Terms and Conditions. Also, please be aware that Ghirardelli may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically revisit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the site without the written permission of Ghirardelli. Ghirardelli neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Ghirardelli.
- You may download material displayed on the site for noncommercial, personal use only as long as you also retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, publish, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of the site for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of Ghirardelli.
- While Ghirardelli endeavors to include accurate and up-to-date information on the site, Ghirardelli makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Ghirardelli assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site.
- Your use of and browsing in the site are at your risk. Neither Ghirardelli, any of its affiliates, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Ghirardelli also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site.
- Images displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Ghirardelli. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks ("Trademarks") displayed on the site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Ghirardelli and others. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the site without the written permission of Ghirardelli or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the site, or any other content on the site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Ghirardelli will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
- Ghirardelli has not reviewed any or all sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the site. Your linking to the site, off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and without the permission of Ghirardelli.
- We appreciate hearing from you. However, please note that Ghirardelli does not give credit or compensation for unsolicited ideas about new or improved marketing, product, or packaging concepts. Ghirardelli staff and contractors may be working on the same or similar ideas. Please do not send to Ghirardelli any creative or original materials or ideas including those related to marketing, product, or packaging concepts. If you do send us any ideas, suggestions, or materials, they will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may or may not be used by us for any purpose.
Privacy and Security
- Our Privacy Promise
Ghirardelli will not collect any personally identifiable information about you—such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address ("personal information")—through our Web site unless you provide it to us voluntarily. You are not required to register or otherwise "sign in" to browse and enjoy our site.
- Personal Information
This is the official Web site of Ghirardelli Chocolate Company ("Ghirardelli"), makers of premium chocolates. We at Ghirardelli respect your concerns about privacy. Accordingly, we have enacted the following policies which are intended to protect your privacy and ensure that all voluntarily submitted personal information is handled in a safe and responsible manner. As we continue to develop our Web site and take advantage of technologies to improve the services we provide, our policies will continue to evolve in order to maintain the same standards of privacy protection.
- We only collect personal information when you request our services, and only use the information collected to provide that service for you. If you choose to make a purchase, you will be asked to provide contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and financial information (such as your credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to process your order. If you send a gift and provide the recipient's shipping address, or send a gift certificate and provide the recipient's e-mail address, this information is used only for delivery purposes. When requesting a service, you may also choose to receive updates and special offers ("newsletters") from the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company and its promotional partners. Like all services provided through our Web site, the choice to receive Ghirardelli newsletters is optional, and you may change your preference at any time.
- Any personal information provided will not be sold, rented, traded, or otherwise shared with anyone outside of Ghirardelli, or used for reasons beyond those contemplated by this statement. None of Ghirardelli's assistants (such as our shipping or credit card company) retain, share, store, or use personal information for any reason other than providing the requested service.
- Access to Personal Information
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best service possible. To do this, we need to make sure that our information is accurate, current, and reliable for its intended use. If your personal information changes or if you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you may correct, amend, or delete your account information at any time. As we continue to globalize our Web services, we hope to provide online access capabilities to all of our users. At present, corrections, amendments, and deletions should be handled by contacting Ghirardelli directly via e-mail. Addresses are located in the Contact Us page.