For Cheesecake2 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
4 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
4 eggs (for cheesecake)
1/2 cup raspberry puree (recipe below)
1/2 cup heavy cream (for cheesecake) For Crust1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
1/4 cup ground almonds
4 tablespoon white sugar
3/4 cup butter, meltedFor Puree
1 (10 - 12 oz) pkg. frozen raspberries
4 tablespoons white sugar
For Chocolate Ganache (Optional):
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
For Garnish (Optional):
1 cup fresh raspberries
8 ounce Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
8 ounce Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- To prepare crust, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the chocolate graham crackers, ground almonds, and sugar and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- To prepare the puree, combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 3-5 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds and set aside.
- To prepare cheesecake, in a small pot over low heat, bring the whipping cream to just boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips.
- Set aside for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Remove approximately 1 & 1/2 cup; cup of this batter and place into a smaller bowl and add 1/2 cup raspberry puree. Blend until combined.
- Add the melted chocolate to the remaining batter and mix until combined.
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake batter into the pan.
- Very carefully layer the raspberry cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool in pan, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold before removing from pan.
- If desired, top cooled cheesecakes with one or a combination of the garnishes below.
- Chocolate Ganache: In a small pot over low heat, bring the heavy cream and butter to just boiling. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Set aside for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth. Pour over cold cheesecake to form ganache layer, or drizzle over the cold cheesecake. Refrigerate until it is set.
- Raspberry Puree: Pour remaining raspberry puree over cold cheesecakes. White Chocolate: In double boiler over hot water, melt the white chocolate until smooth. Drizzle over cold cheesecakes. Refrigerate until it is set.
- Fresh raspberries on top or served on the side.
- For Heart Shapes: To make the individual heart shape cheesecakes, prepare the recipe as directed using a 13X9 inch pan instead of a springform pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. After the cheesecake cools, cut out the hearts using a metal heart shaped cookie cutter.