1/2 cup nutty peanut butter
1/3 cup honey roasted or toffee peanuts, or salted roasted peanuts
2/3 cup (5.3 fluid ounces) evaporated milk
2 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/4 bars (5 ounces) Ghirardelli 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into ½-inch pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch pan with foil.
- Stir the peanut butter and peanuts together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a 3 to 4 quart heavy-bottom saucepan over medium high heat, stir the evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and salt together thoroughly with a heatproof (silicone) spatula.
- Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom, sides, and corners of the pot.
- Set a timer and continue to boil for 5 more minutes, stirring and scraping the pot constantly and adjusting the heat so that the entire surface bubbles very actively but not furiously.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the marshmallows, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Stir vigorously until the marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and the mixture looks smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Scrape the fudge into the lined pan and tilt the pan to level the surface.
- Scatter tablespoon size dollops of the peanut mixture over the hot fudge and push them deeper into the fudge with the spoon.
- Use a knife to swirl the peanuts and fudge together without blending them completely.
- Rap the pan hard, several times, on the counter to level the surface of the fudge.
- Let cool until set, about three hours.
- Lift the foil to remove the fudge and peel off the foil.
- Cut fudge into 36 squares using a long sharp knife and a guillotine stroke.