Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
1 package Ghirardelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix
¼ cup candied pecans
¼ cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
CARAMEL FROSTING: :
1 pouch caramel, enclosed
½ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
Pinch of salt
Candied nuts, optional
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, stir together all brownie ingredients as per the directions of the box.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan.
- Bake 23-27 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
For Caramel Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, mix caramel and butter on medium speed.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and salt; blend until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with candied nuts, if desired.
Makes 12 brownie cupcakes.