Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Tart
This product is currently not available.
One 13.5" by 4" rectangular tart
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tart pan on a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then press mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 13.5" by 4" rectangular tart pan, using a measuring cup with a flat bottom to help flatten and compact the crust. Rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bake crust for 10-13 minutes, remove from oven and place on cooling rack, allow to cool completely.
- To make the caramel filling, in a large saucepan with a light-colored interior, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup, then turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook undisturbed (avoid stirring) until the sugar takes on an amber or pale copper color, about 10 minutes. If browning and cooking appears uneven, give pan a slight tilt or swirl.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully whisk in butter until melted, it will steam and boil up, so be careful. Add the heavy cream, creme fraiche or sour cream and a couple pinches of salt, stir until smooth.
- Pour caramel into prepared crust and smooth into an even layer. Let caramel set in the fridge until cool and firm, about an hour.
- Prepare chocolate ganache by placing chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) in a heatproof bowl and bringing cream to a simmer in a clean saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit undisturbed for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Pour ganache over cooled caramel layer, spreading evenly with a spatula or butter knife. Let set in the fridge, another hour, or until firm to the touch.
- When serving, unmold tart from pan, sprinkle the top of the tart with flaky sea salt. Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water to cut, slices can become messy within a few minutes, so try to plate slices quickly.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
1 case containing 6 pouches
|1 1/2 cups||Graham cracker crumbs|
|1/4 cup||Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder|
|3 tablespoons||Brown sugar|
|8 tablespoons||Butter, melted|
|1 cup (200 grams)||Granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup (60 grams)||Water|
|2 tablespoons (40 grams)||Light corn syrup|
|4 tablespoons (58 grams)||Unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons|
|1/4 cup (60 grams)||Heavy cream|
|1 tablespoons (16 grams)||Creme fraiche or sour cream|
|1 tsp||Flaky Sea Salt|
|1/2 cup (240 grams)||Heavy Cream|
|3.5 ounces (100 grams)||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Bar, finely chopped|
|Pinch or two||Flaky Sea Salt|
Note: You can substitute Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Bar for 1/2 cup (100 grams) of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate chips
You may also like ...
We also love these...