6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces pretzel sticks, crushed (about 1 cup of crumbs)
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup confectionersâ€™ sugar, sifted
3/4 cup GhirardelliÂ® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer on low speed, add in the pretzel crumbs, 2/3 cup peanut butter, and confectioners' sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan to form an even crust layer.In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave on medium power (50 percent) for 1 minute. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. Stir until smooth.
- Using an offset spatula, spread chocolate mixture over the prepared crust layer.
- Refrigerate bars for at least one hour before cutting into squares or sticks.