For the Brownies
1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
9 Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Filled SQUARES
For the Ganache
6 ounces heavy cream
4 ounces Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
For the Garnish
2 cups freshly whipped cream or whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and butter in a large bowl microwave-safe bowl at medium (50%) power. Stir every 30 seconds until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.Spread half the brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Evenly place the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Filled SQUARES and cover with remaining batter.
- Spread batter evenly over the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Squares and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once brownies are completely cooled, remove them from the pan and use a small glass or round biscuit cutter to cut the brownies into 8-9 circular shapes.
- Once you have 8-9 brownie circles, slice each brownie in half horizontally, directly through the centers of the brownies, so each brownie is now two thinner circular brownies.
- When ready to serve, make the ganache. Place Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips in a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour hot cream over Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Whisk ganache until smooth.
- Alllow ganache to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before assembling the trifles.
- To assemble the trifles: Place a brownie at the bottom of each trifle dish or small glass.
- Evenly pipe or spoon a layer of ganache onto each brownie. Add a layer of whipped cream and then a layer of fresh raspberries. Repeats layers.
- Serve immediately.