Chocolate Crackle Cookies
This product is currently not available.
|1/2 cup||All-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup||Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Ground Cocoa|
|1 tablespoon||Instant espresso|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|4 tablespoons||Butter, unsalted|
|2/3 cup||Dark-brown sugar, packed|
|4 ounces||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, melted and cooled|
|1/2 cup||Confectioners' sugar, for coating|
- Stir together flour, Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, espresso, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg until well combined; mix in cooled Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until just combined.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls (exactly 1 teaspoon each).
- Pour confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl; working in batches, roll balls in sugar 2 times, letting them sit in sugar between coatings.
- Place on baking sheets, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies have spread and coating is cracked, 10 to 12 minutes; cookies will still be soft to the touch. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 10-12 minutes
Total: 1 hour 45 minutes
You may also like ...
1 case containing 6 pouches
We also love these...