Ghirardelli "Hot Chocolate" & Toasted Marshmallow Cookies
¾ cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (for melting)
1 cup plain flour/ all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup soft brown sugar
2 small eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
2 ¼ cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (for mixing)
30 large marshmallows
- Melt the ¾ cup of chocolate chips gently in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water (bain marie). Set aside to cool.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one by one.
- Add in the cooled melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Continue beating until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Fold dry ingredients into the mix and the remaining chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop your cookie with a 1 tablespoon scoop.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 - 9 minutes. Take care not to over bake as these cookies should be almost brownie-like.
- Once baked, pop a marshmallow on top and put it back in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes for a lovely toasted effect.