Mini Chip White Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 3/4 cups +2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Paper line or grease 2 x 24 mini cupcake molds.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. On medium speed, beat the butter and sugar in large bowl until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir together the milk, lemon juice and the vanilla. On low speed, add half the milk mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining milk mixture and the dry ingredients in the same manner.
- Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter and stir. Fill each cavity to the top.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for about 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in their pans for 10 minutes. Then unmold and cool on a wire rack.
- Frost the top of each cupcake and sprinkle them with the remaining ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.