Flourless Chocolate Torte with Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease, and line with parchment, a 9-inch spring form pan. Place foil under baking pan then press up the sides to seal the bottom edges. This ensure no leaks.
- In a large heat proof bowl, melt chocolate and butter in microwave in 30 second increments until whisked smooth. Whisk in espresso powder.
- Whisk in sugar and salt until combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in sifted cocoa powder until mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes until crust starts to form*
- Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the edges gently, then until clip the pan to remove the sides.
- Invert on plate, remove the parchment, and then flip again onto serving platter. Let sit another 10 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy with a glass of wine or cold glass of milk.
- Can be served warm, room temperature, or prepared the day before.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- In a microwaves safe bowl, heat Ghirardelli caramel.
- Whisk in spice.
- Drizzle generously over each torte slice.
- Keep stored in refrigerator.
1 case containing 6 pouches
|1 cup||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips|
|3/4 cup||Sugar, granulated|
|1/4 teaspoon||Espresso powder|
|1/2 cup||Butter, unsalted|
|1/2 cup||Ghirardelli 100% ground cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|3||Eggs, large, beaten|
|1/2 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 Bottle||Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon||Pumpkin pie spice|
*No longer than 25 minutes, the top will start to crack. No big deal because we cover it with caramel or cocoa/confections powder anyways, but the residual heat with continue to bake the inside as it rests.
For a mocha torte, double the espresso powder.
For a peanut butter torte, substitute a handful of chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
Recipe and Photo Credit: @SugarFaceBakes