Vanilla Marshmallow S'mores
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 ounces gelatine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- one batch vanilla marshmallows
- 20 graham crackers
- 20 ghirardelli chocolate squares (such as milk chocolate brownie, dark chocolate raspberry, dark chocolate & dark chocolate caramel)
for the vanilla marshmallows:
for the s'mores
For the vanilla marshmallows
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper & grease with oil.
- Add 1/2 cup water & gelatine into the bowl of a stand mixer. let stand until the gelatine softens, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining cup of water into a sauce pan over medium heat. add sugar, corn syrup & salt. stir until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high & boil (do not stir) until temperature reaches 230-250 degrees, about 6-8 minutes.
- Using the whisk attachment, turn on mixer to low speed & slowly pour in boiling hot syrup.
- Once syrup is mixed evenly with the gelatine, add vanilla & increase speed to high. beat until mixture is thick & fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- Pour into baking dish immediately & let stand at room temperature until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Sift corn starch & powdered sugar over mixture before slicing. toss each slice in the powdered mixture as well.
For the s'mores
- Toast vanilla marshmallow square in the oven or over a camp fire
- Top with desired chocolate square & sandwich between two graham crackers.