Servings: 6 servings
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
- 4 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- In double boiler over hot water, melt white chips with liqueur and water; stir gently to blend. Cool until melted white chips mixture no longer feels warm to the touch.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold cream into melted white chip mixture. In large bowl with clean mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With rubber spatula, fold egg whites into white chips mixture. Divide mousse among 6 dessert bowls or glasses. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Tips: 1) Garnish mousse with fresh blueberries and raspberries, canned mandarin orange sections, or fresh strawberries. 2) Instead of orange liqueur, use 4 tablespoons raspberry, mint or coffee liqueur, or 4 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. 3) Serve mousse in Chocolate Dessert Cups. 4) Fold 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger or 20 crushed gingersnaps or chocolate wafer cookies into mousse along with egg whites.
Write Your Own Review