Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkle finishing sugar, for topping (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filing just over 2/3 of the way. Sprinkle with finishing sugar if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then turn oven to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Write Your Own Review