Orange-Kissed Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 oranges
- 4 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Sugared Orange Zest (optional)
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest (orange part only) from the oranges (save oranges for another use).
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half and orange zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain milk into a medium bowl; discard orange zest. Return milk to saucepan.
- Stir in Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix. Heat through but do not boil. Remove saucepan from heat.
- If desired, stir in liqueur.
- Serve in demitasse cups or shot glasses. Top with marshmallows and, if desired, Sugared Orange Zest.
- Sugared Orange Zest: Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest (orange part only) from 1 orange (save orange for another use). Cut the zest into thin strips. Toss the strips in a small amount of sugar (2 to 3 tablespoons) to coat.
Write Your Own Review