Mini Chocolate Cinnamon Buns
Servings: 1 dozen
- 2-1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted & divided
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Transfer mixture to a lightly floured surface and knead until dough becomes smooth (dough will be sticky at first).
- Make filling: Finely chop 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and combine with sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well.
- Roll out dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle and spread with filling, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Gently press into the dough. Roll lengthwise so you have a 12-inch long log and cut into 12, 1-inch pieces.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and place each cinnamon roll in a space. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on high for 20 seconds. Stir and continue to heat in 15- to 20-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Beat cream cheese in a mixer until creamy. Add chocolate and confectioners’ sugar and beat until fluffy and combined. Spread or pipe frosting on top of mini cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.
Write Your Own Review