Milk Chocolate Thumbprint Peanut Butter Bars
Servings: 2 dozen bars
- 1 bag (9 oz) Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Thumbprint Drops
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium- high speed; mix sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix until combined. Beat in egg until smooth.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt, all at once. Mix on low speed until combined. Fold in peanuts until evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x12 inch pan with pan spray and place 2/3 of the dough on the pan. Evenly place Milk Chocolate Thumbprints on dough. Evenly distribute the remaining dough on top of the chocolate.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, until golden on edges and set in middle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Optional: Drizzle with Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Flavored Candy Wafers and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Variation: Make with almond or nut butter of choice.
Write Your Own Review