Lemon Kissed Brownie Bites
Servings: 14 brownies
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (divided)
- 1/3 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons light-color corn syrup
- Additional lemon zest for topping (optional)
- BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line fourteen 1-1/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1/4 cup butter over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar. Add egg, beating with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, the 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and the baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined.
- Drop a rounded teaspoon of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers of brownies comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer brownies to a wire rack; cool.
- LEMON FROSTING: In a small bowl, beat the 2 tablespoons softened butter and the 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Beat until combined. Beat in enough of the remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a thick frosting.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe frosting onto each brownie. (Or spoon into a small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip off corner. Pipe frosting onto each brownie.)
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: In a small saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat and stir over very low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in the corn syrup.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon glaze over tops of chilled brownies.
- If desired, top with strips of lemon zest.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until glaze is set.
- Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Write Your Own Review