Jar Layer Cake
Servings: 1 Cake
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar or Chips
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Whipped cream
- Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter the bottoms and sides of a sheet pan, and line with parchment paper.
- To make the cake, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt together 4 ounces (1 bar) of the bittersweet chocolate, butter, sugar, and corn syrup, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Gently mix in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat with a spoon until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- When cool, cut rounds the size of mason jars.
- Scoop into mason jar and layer with whipped cream and Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce. Repeat.
Write Your Own Review