Ghirardelli's Hot Fudge Sauce
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 bar (4 oz) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 4 tablespoons Butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate (broken into 1/4-inch pieces) , butter, sugar, water, and light corn syrup.
- Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the thickened sauce from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.
Write Your Own Review