Ghirardelli S'mores Tart
- 555 g Butter, unsalted
- 240 g Granulated sugar
- 68 g Egg yolks
- 5 g Vanilla extract
- 6 g Coffee extract
- 12 g Salt
- 8 g Baking powder, sifted
- 520 g Cake flour, sifted
- 275 g Graham cracker crumbs, sifted
- 120 oz Water
- 400 g Granulated sugar
- 280 g Glucose
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1000 g Heavy cream
- 50 g Bourbon
- 900 g Stanford Milk Chocolate
- 250 g Ghirardelli 72% Cocao Chips
- 270 g Egg whites
- 405 g Dark brown sugar
- 68 g Glucose syrup
- 11 g Coffee extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- GRAHAM CRACKER SHORT BREAD: Cream together the butter, sugar, yolks, extracts, and salt.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Roll out dough to 3mm and chill.
- Cut into 3" circles and 1" wide strips to line 2.75" x 1" tart rings.
- Line the rings with the strips first, then the bottoms with the round pieces. Seal the seam with a damp finger. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a paring knife, cut away any excess dough from the rim to create a level tart shell. Line each shell with parchment and dried beans. Par bake at 325°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove beans and parchment.
- Finish baking at 325°F until golden brown - approx. 5-8 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE BOURBON GANACHE: Simmer the water and sugar together. Add the glucose. Cook to a medium caramel color.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and salt, then the warm cream and bourbon.
- Bring back to a simmer.
- If the caramel seizes when cream is added, simply bring to a boil and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over the chocolate and let sit covered for 30 seconds.
- Stir to emulsify.
- Cool to 80°F before using to fill the shells.
- BROWN SUGAR COFEE MERINGUE: Prepare a Swiss Meringue and whip to medium peaks and brulee.
- ASSEMBLY: Brush the inside of each tart shell with tempered chocolate.
- Fill each shell with Chocolate Bourbon Ganache and refrigerate to set.
- Pipe the Brown Sugar Coffee Meringue on top
Write Your Own Review