Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, Unsalted
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour, All-Purpose
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Walnuts, Chopped
- In double-boiler, melt the 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips and butter together.
- In large bowl with an electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder and then stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and walnuts.
- Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. (Dough may be frozen; thaw in refrigerator before proceeding with recipe.)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until a shiny crust forms on top, but interior is still soft.
- Cool on the baking sheet and then store in airtight tin up to 1 week.
Write Your Own Review