Dipping Chocolate for Biscotti
Servings: 1.5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- Biscotti for dipping
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and the shortening in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove the dip from the heat.
- Holding a cookie horizontally, dip one side of the biscotti into the mixture to cover the side and half of the top and bottom portions of the cookie.
- Place the biscotti, chocolate-dipped side down, on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat with the remaining biscotti.
- Transfer the baking sheets to a cool place and allow the chocolate to set, 45 to 60 minutes.
Write Your Own Review