Servings: 24 cookies
- 10 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnut or pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the center.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Set the bowl in a larger bowl of hot tap water until needed.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together.
- Stirring frequently, melt butter with 1 cup of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water.
- Off heat, whisk in the egg mixture. Stir in the flour, nuts and remaining chocolate.
- Scoop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake until the surface of the cookie looks dry and faintly cracked, and the centers are still gooey, 10-12 minutes.
- Set the pan on a rack to cool. Store cookies in a tightly sealed container.
Write Your Own Review