Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies
Servings: 24-28 cookies
- 2 (3.5oz) bars Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Baking Bars
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Table salt
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Chop Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Baking Bars into bite size pieces about 1/4-inch chunks.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and butter, by microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring in between until completely melted.
- To the melted chocolate mixture, add sugar, eggs, and peppermint extract if using. Mix well until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until no dry ingredients remain.
- Add Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Baking Bars chunks and stir until incorporated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly puffed, edges are firm and center is still slightly soft.
- Remove and let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Write Your Own Review