Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened, plus more as needed
- 12 oz Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers or Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- SHORTBREAD COOKIES: Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together flour, salt, sugar and butter on medium-low speed until a smooth dough forms, about 5-7 minutes. This dough depends a lot on the moisture content of the butter. If your butter is particularly dry, add more butter 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Chill in the refrigerator until dough is firm, about 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll shortbread dough to ¼ inch thickness. Using a 2-1/2 inch square cookie cutter, cut out squares and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake rotating halfway through until shortbread is lightly golden, about 30-35 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE DIPPING: Place Ghirardelli Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container and microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating can cause wafers to burn.
- Hold each shortbread cookie on one side and dip into melted wafers. If you are dipping both sides separately, or dipping one side in dark waters and the other in white, wait until first side cools prior to holding the chocolate coated side and dipping again. Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, or until firm.
Write Your Own Review