Brown Sugar Cocoa Frosting or Glaze
- 5 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cups Brown sugar, light or dark, packed
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Ground Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Over low to medium heat, gradually stir in the cream.
- Continue to stir until the mixture is very hot and glossy.
- As soon as it starts to simmer at the edges, turn the heat down immediately and stir constantly without simmering for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- For frosting, cool until spreadable. Reheat as necessary by setting the containing in a bowl of hot water.
- For glaze or sauce, cool until thickened but still pourable. Put the sauce in the fridge for 5 minutes to speed up the cooling process for glaze.
Write Your Own Review