Chocolate Saltine Toffee
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 1/2 ounces (approx. 60) saltine crackers
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- In a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, lay out saltine crackers, salt side down, in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a medium-size sauce pot, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Place over medium heat until butter melts, stirring continuously. Increase to high heat and cook until mixture registers 350°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and carefully pour mixture over saltines, spreading evenly.
- Let sit a few minutes and then sprinkle chocolate over toffee. Once chocolate melts, spread in an even layer over toffee. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Freeze until chocolate sets. Once the chocolate is set, break into pieces.
Write Your Own Review